Selecting Syslog in the left panel of the Options tab provides the following view, where you can set ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine to automatically configure devices to send syslog information.
Changing a value from the system default causes a Default Value button to appear. Selecting this button changes the field back to the system default value.
- Enable Syslog Refresh
- Select the checkbox to configure ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine to automatically refresh syslog information. Deselecting this option disables the Enable Automatic Syslog Configuration field.
- Enable Automatic Syslog Configuration
- Select the checkbox to configure ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine to automatically gather information and post it to the syslog. Deselecting this option disables the Automatic Syslog Configuration Interval field.
- Automatic Syslog Configuration Interval
- Enter the frequency with which ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine automatically gathers information and posts it to the syslog.
- ExtremeXOS/Switch Engine Facility
- The Syslog facility to be used by the script when registering/unregistering syslog forExtremeXOS/Switch Engine devices.
- Ignore IP Addresses (comma separated)
- Enter any IP addresses you do not want automatically logged to the syslog.
- Syslog Engine Delay Start
- The amount of time ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine waits before information in the syslog is aggregated and archived.
- Syslog Engine Interval
- The amount of time ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine waits before checking whether a device is properly configured to send syslog information. If the device is not properly configured and Enable Automatic Syslog Configuration is selected, ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine automatically configures the device.
- Syslog Engine Maximum Outstanding SNMP Devices
- The maximum number of outstanding SNMP devices archived by the syslog.
For information on related help topics: