Once you install the Fabric Manager virtual machine (VM), you can add it to Extreme Management Center and enable it via ZTP+ (Zero Touch Provisioning Plus) functionality.
|NOTE:||You need to upgrade the firmware in Extreme Management Center to add and launch the Fabric Manager engine.|
Adding Fabric Manager to Extreme Management Center
Prior to adding the Fabric Manager engine, you must create an Administration Profile for the Fabric Manager with CLI credentials. Fabric Manager uses the Administrator Profile as an additional user account.
Add CLI Credentials
- Launch Extreme Management Center.
- Open the Administration > Profiles tab.
- In the bottom panel, click the CLI Credentials tab.
- Click the Add button () to open the Add CLI Credential window.
- Enter a name for the CLI Credential in the Description field.
- Enter root in the User Name field.
- Select SSH from the Type drop-down list.
- Enter a password in the Login Password field.
- Enter a password in the Enable Password field.
- Enter a password in the Configuration Password field.
- Click Save.
Create Administration Profile
- Click the Add button () at the top of the Profiles tab to open the Add Profile window.
- Enter a name in the Profile Name field.
- Select the CLI Credential you created from the CLI Credential drop-down list.
- Click Save.
Add Administration Profile to the Fabric Manager engine
- Open the Network > Discovered tab in Extreme Management Center.
NOTE: The Fabric Manager appears as a device on the Discovered tab. It is listed with a Status of ZTP+ Pending Edit, indicating the configuration needs to be edited before adding it to the Extreme Management Center server.
- Right-click the new Fabric Manager file and select Configure Devices tab from the drop-down list.
The Configure Device window opens.
- Select the profile you created from the Administration Profile drop-down list.
- Select ZTP+ from the Poll Type drop-down list.
- Click the ZTP+ Device Settings tab in the Configure Device window.
- Configure the fields on the ZTP+ Device Settings tab to determine how the Fabric Manager is managed by Extreme Management Center using ZTP+ functionality.
- Click the Configure Device checkbox.
- Click the Use Discovered IP checkbox to autofill the IP address and other information that you entered during installation. Or, you can also enter the ZTP+ Settings Basic Management information manually:
- Enter an IP address and subnet in the IP Address/Subnet field.
- Enter a Gateway Address.
- Enter a Domain Name.
- Enter a DNS Server or NTP Server address.
- Click Save.
Once the ZTP+ discovery process is complete, the Fabric Manager engine is added to the Extreme Management Center database and moves from the Network > Discovered tab to the Network > Devices tab. The ZTP+ discovery process may take up to five minutes to complete.
|NOTES:||If you did not select Automatically Add Devices on the Site tab, the Fabric Manager engine remains on the Discovered tab with a Status of ZTP+ Complete. Select the file, click the Add Devices button (the Add Device window appears), and click the Add button to add the device to the Extreme Management Center database.|
|In the event a configuration is not correctly transmitted to the switch or if connectivity is lost during any part of this process, the file resets and allows the process to restart.|
The Fabric Manager engine Status (displayed on the Discovered tab) is now ZTP+ Staged, indicating Extreme Management Center will push the configuration to the device the next time the device contacts Extreme Management Center.
When Extreme Management Center pushes the configuration to the Fabric Manager engine, the Status is ZTP+ Complete.