ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine allows you to discover the devices of your network and add them to the ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine database.
You can discover new devices based on the following criteria:
- Seed addresses for CDP, LLDP, EDP, or SONMP-compliant devices
- IP/Subnet masks
- IP Address Range
Discover automatically explores the defined network segment and creates a list of discovered devices. You can then save the discovered devices to the ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine database, where they are displayed in the left-panel tree on the Network > Devices tab.
When adding an ExtremeXOS/Switch Engine device in ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine, enter the following commands in the device CLI:
configure snmpv3 add community "private" name "private" user "v1v2c_rw"
configure snmpv3 add community "public" name "public" user "v1v2c_rw"
enable snmp access
enable snmp access snmp-v1v2c
disable snmp access snmpv3
To discover devices, begin by using the Site tab to configure the default settings that apply to devices you add to ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine and then configure individual devices and add them to the ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine database via the Discovered tab.
- Open the Network > Devices tab.
- Select Sites from the left-panel drop-down list.
- Select the site from the left panel to which you are adding the devices.
- Select the Site tab in the right-panel.
- Select the Discover tab.
- Select the Add button in the Addresses list to open the Add Address window.
- Select Subnet, Seed Address, or Address Range in the Discover Type drop-down list.
- Enter the Subnet, Seed Address, or Start Address and End Address, depending on the Discover Type you select.
- Subnet — Enter the IP address and subnet in the following format: IP Address/Subnet Mask
- The IP Address must be one of the hosts in the subnet.
- A / is required between the IP Address and Subnet Mask.
- The Subnet Mask must use CIDR or dotted decimal notation.
| ||NOTE:||When using dotted decimal notation, the network bits must be contiguous ones and the host bits must be contiguous zeros.|
- Seed Address — Enter the seed address for CDP, LLDP, EDP, SONMP-compliant devices.
- Address Range — Enter the Start Address and End Address for the IP addresses in the same address range.
||ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine only allows a subnet search of a 16-bit mask or higher when discovering devices.
- Select the Add button in the Profiles section of the window to open the Add Profile window. Select New in the drop-down list to create SNMP and CLI credentials for the profile and select the Save button.
Profiles allow you to configure different sets of SNMP and CLI credentials for read access, write access, and maximum access. After you create profiles, assign them to devices to allow users appropriate access based on the credentials they use for a device.
- Select the profiles you want the devices on your network to Accept or Reject using the Profiles list.
For additional information about profiles, see Profiles tab.
- Select the Automatically Add Devices checkbox to automatically add the devices to ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine and configure any other appropriate actions for your devices in the Device Actions section of the window.
||When Automatically Add Devices is selected, devices are automatically added to ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine and display in the Devices list on the Network > Devices tab. When Automatically Add Devices is not selected, devices are displayed on the Network > Discovered tab and require you to manually add them.
- Repeat the process for all devices added to this site.
For additional information about sites, see Site tab.
- Select Save.
- Select Discover.
- Select the Clock icon in the Top menu to open the Operations table at the bottom of the ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine window to monitor the progress of the device discovery.
- Access the Network > Discovered tab.
||The devices displayed on this tab vary depending on whether you selected Automatically Add Devices in Step 11.
- Configure and add any devices displayed to ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine:
- If you selected Automatically Add Devices, devices display on the Discovered tab only if they require additional attention (for example, devices are potential duplicates of another device). Configure the devices appropriately and add them to ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine.
- If you did not select Automatically Add Devices, all devices are staged on the Discovered tab before being added to ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine. Follow the steps in the Adding Devices section to complete the process of adding your devices to ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine.
If you did not select Automatically Add Devices in Step 11, use the Discovered tab to manually add the discovered devices to ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine.
- Open the Network > Discovered tab in ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine.
- Select the devices you want to add to the ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine database and select the Add Devices button. The Add Devices window opens.
The window is populated with the information you entered on the Site tab.
- Enter any device-specific information, or change information that does not match the device defaults set on the Site tab.
- Select the Add button.
The devices are added to the ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine database and move from the Network > Discovered tab to the Network > Devices tab.